- dog, Boston Terrier
- about 5 1/2” head to toe, 3″ head to bum
Face & Hair
- free-hand embroidered eyes, nose, and mouth
- the pointy ears are sculpted with needle work
- the white fur patches are hand cut individually, and hand stitched onto the pup intuitively for visual balance.
Materials & making
- upcycled cotton and spandex jersey
- high quality poly and upcycled washed cotton filling
- the body pieces and limbs are initially stitched together with the help of a sewing machine, thereafter, the patches, facial features, and closures are all embroidered and sculpted using tiny soft hand stitches
- the limbs swivel 360, great for gentle posing
- the short tail is not movable, but helps with balance when sitting
- it is made soft and sturdy with a bit of bounce, great to bring around for an anxiety attack or companionship just because.
- each puppy comes with a doll quilt which doubles as a play mat, a pillow, and a sleeping bag to carry it in.
- the doll quilt is made improv style, using free hand cutting, made without rulers, and carefully stitched together with the help of sewing machine.
- the shell of the doll and the doll quilt is made from 100% reclaimed fabric from old clothes. So a small amount of discolouration, and irregularity would be expected, but rest assure the imperfect parts chosen will not compromise the doll.
- it may be wiped with soapy water, or hand washed in a gentle soapy solution, and squeezed dry with towel. Washing is NOT recommended on rainy or humid days which may prolong drying time.
- overtime, played with often, the stitches may break or materials stretch. Vulnerable parts are mouth and arms. If signs of wear and tear shows over time, do contact me for brainstorming solutions.
- your doll is designed ground up using my original patterns.
- in addition to using washed up cycled fabric, the process of making of this doll produces almost zero waste.
- this is handmade one of a kind, so no two are the same, uneven and exposed stitches are common characteristics, as are unevenness in the reclaimed fabrics.
Processing & Shipping
ready to ship